Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics



I believe I am a Millennial because of many reasons. My age is one of them. “Born between 1977 and 200, these children of the baby boomers number 83 million.” (pg. 73 of textbook). Just as the quote from textbook says, I fall into the age range of the Millennials because I was born in 1994. "The Millennials were the first generation to grow up in a world filled with computers, cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks" (pg. 72). With all of these things we have come accustomed to, we lose out on the more important things in life. Like spending time with friends and family or even doing what I love which reading and writing. With all of these devices, we tend to lose interest in everything other than our phones, iPod, TV’s, etc. "All generations are comfortable with technology, but this is the generation that's been formed by technology," for them, "it's not something separate. It's just something they do" (pg. 72). Due to this generation being so involved in their phones, facebook, vine, Instagram, twitter, Barack Obama developed the Barack Obama campaign. "The campaign's mastery of cutting-edge social media, such as the my.barackobama.com web site, was optimized for Millennial appeal" where Obama was able to include "tagging, discussion boards, photo uploads and other interactive elements" (pg. 72) and "It created a campaign specifically designed by and for today's tech-happy Millennial generation, using the communication tools young people rely on and trust" (pg.72).

No comments:

Post a Comment